image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - 37 Down, 3 to Go!

Well, I might have reached week 37 this past Friday in terms of time, but I'm now measuring at 38 weeks. So, my son is still about 1 week ahead in fundal measurement, but that can change depending upon where he shifts or how he's laying. I am back up 1 pound from pre-pregnancy weight. We'll see what the final tally is on my son's birthday. Only gained 12 lbs. with my daughter.

Just a reminder, I have a "guessing game" online for folks to guess the length, weight, and actual birthday of our son. We will be awarding prizes (books, gift cards, and something else) to the top 3 with the closest guesses. So, get in there and have fun. :)

If you'd like to play, click the link below:


Now, we're at week 37.5, so here is the update:


At this point, I'm monitoring my body for those first Early Labor symptoms and wondering what I've forgotten. Hubby keeps reminding me we need to pack our hospital bag, but with recently moving into a new house and our daughter's 2nd birthday coming up on April 2nd, there is so much else on my mind. I'm doing what I can to take it easy, though. I promise. :)

My smooshed-up baby is weighing in at around 6.9 lbs and 19 inches. As far as his internal organs go, my adorable poop and blood factory has reached "term" - a medical term that means this sweet little bun is birth-ready and labor is welcome and normal at this point.

Despite being physically ready to land on planet Earth, my baby's immune system is quite weak and will continue to be that way for their first years of life. Thankfully, my breast milk (aka "boob medicine") protects my child via protective antibodies that are present in my breast milk. Worked great for our daughter, as my immune system is rather strong. So, I'll be able to pass on my immunities to my son as well. Can't beat that!

And now some words from the tiny roly-poly inside me:


Despite Mama hearing or reading that my movements are going to decrease as I get closer to my birthday, I'm still able to move and shift and find ways to get comfortable. I heard her remark to Daddy the other day about not being concerned for the 10 movements in 2 hours once a day thing her doctor told her. Yeah, I'm far more active. But with all that outside noise and the screeching from that big sister of mine, who can sleep?

Besides, Mama has been active, even though Daddy has told her to take it easy. Most of it feels like up and down, and I have noticed her movements aren't as jerky. I guess if I don't feel any discomfort or pain, she's doing all right. But with my lungs fully developed, I have to admit, I'm getting excited about seeing her face to face. Can't wait to have her hold me close and kiss my face. It's going to be great! Until then, I'll keep getting ready and wait until God tells me to come out. After all, He knows best.

It's me again. The mama. :) That's it for now. Tune in each week for the latest. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

No comments: