image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, March 07, 2011

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - 35 Down, 5 to Go!

Wow, down to a single-hand countdown. And since we're so close, I have a "guessing game" online for folks to guess the length, weight, and actual birthday of our son. If you'd like to play, click the link below:


We will be awarding prizes (books, gift card, and something else) to the top 3 with the closest guesses. So, get in there and have fun. :)

Now, we're at week 35.5, so here is the update:

Yippee! I'm now carrying over 5 pounds of baby-goodness - not counting his amniotic fluid, the umbilical cord, or the placenta itself. And I've only gained 3 pounds this entire pregnancy, so that means I've lost at least 2 lbs. (more since the rest of the weight isn't factored here). Works for me! Just like with my daughter, it means I'll likely leave the hospital weighing less than I did pre-pregnancy. Amazing weight-loss plan. :)

Developmentally, my wee womb-tenant has the fat-factory running at full tilt while his digestive system puts the finishing touches on critical organs in preparation for his first meal (remember - before birth, all of his nutrition was blood via the umbilical cord).

With his first meal in mind, it's time to look forward to one of the most important things I'll do for my infant -  keeping him alive with nothing more than the milk from nursing. I was able to nurse my daughter for 13 months, and she thrived tremendously. I hope I can go that long with my son. We'll see how voracious of an appetite he has and if I can keep up. From all indications, I don't foresee a problem.

The other new development is we just bought a house, so now we have to move this month along with being less than 5 weeks from delivery. Praise God for friends and church family who have all told me they won't let me lift boxes or send myself into early labor due to stress or strain. Phew! We are so tremendously blessed!

In baby movement, Richard isn't kicking hardly at all anymore. He does get what feels like the shivers once in a while, still hiccups a lot, and rolls around quite often. Once in a while, he attempts to stretch and I feel the pain in my lower ribs or on my bladder. But on the whole, he's making do with the room he has left. Gaining about 1/2 to 1 lb. each week from here to end. We'll see how big he ends up being when he's born.

And now some words from the rolly-polly inside me:

Not much to report here. Life is getting more cramped by the day, but it's still warm and cozy in here. I am getting a bit lightheaded from being upside down, but it's not too bad. And I've noticed that big sister out there seems to prefer kissing my mama's belly or rubbing it instead of head-butting it like she used to do. I prefer that much better than the former. She might actually not be all that bad once I get to meet her. But I'm more excited to meet Mama and Daddy first. The rest of those people called "family" can wait.

I'm also picking up some excitement and tension and anticipation from Mama in here. Seems she's got a lot of things happening this month, so I think it's best if I do what I can to let her get some sleep and not be in pain. It's hard, since I don't know what hurts her and what doesn't, but I hope I can sense that and shift if she needs me to move so she can be more comfortable.

Not too long now, and I'll be able to see her or feel her myself. I'm looking forward to that day!

It's me again. The mama. :) That's it for now. Tune in each week for the latest. I'll get those new pix as soon as I can. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

No comments: