image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - 36 Down, 4 to Go!

Well, I might have reached week 36 this past Friday in terms of time, but I'm now measuring at 37 weeks. So, my son has gained a few days and put on some extra weight recently. I haven't gained any weight, though. Well, I did gain 3 lbs. at one point, but I've since lost that. We'll see what the final tally is on my son's birthday. Only gained 12 lbs. with my daughter.

Just a reminder, I have a "guessing game" online for folks to guess the length, weight, and actual birthday of our son. We will be awarding prizes (books, gift cards, and something else) to the top 3 with the closest guesses. So, get in there and have fun. :)

If you'd like to play, click the link below:


Now, we're at week 36.5, so here is the update:


The countdown to my sweet lil' womb hi-jacker's eviction is closing in!

In fetal developments: most of the bones (soft skull aside) in his little body are now completely hardened, providing a solid structure from which he can now make his grand debut into the world.

In physical fitness news: my mini-champ's muscle tone is improving, and I look forward to his steel-like Ulnar grasp (a newborn reflex that will occur when I lay my finger in his palm). It's amazing and sigh-inducing at the same time. Provides a great deal of pleasure, as well as a smile. Just one more way you can see immediate evidence of the little baby needing you.

For our lives, it's been a bit crazy the past week. We just signed the papers on our new house this past Thursday. Talk about a whirlwind of activity and a long list of things to do. We got our daughter's room painted, some cosmetic fixes completed on the house, and we managed to get an accent wall done in the main living area. But last night, we arrived at the house to discover a leak in the ceiling of our daughter's room. Bubbled ceiling, drips, and all. Praise God it wasn't as bad as it could have been, and we managed to get it under control. Also glad it happened before we moved in.

Still, with this move, a baby coming in 3-5 weeks, a book due to my editor by April 1st, and trying to take it easy, I'm feeling the strain. Praying for a ton of help this week from friends and family to finish packing, get us moved, and allow me to rest. Definitely don't want to cause any premature labor or issues for my baby boy.

And now some words from the tiny spaz-man inside me:

Ok, I'm still running out of room to move, and I'm getting those annoying things Mama calls "hiccups." They sure do make staying comfortable a difficult thing.

This past week, I've noticed a lot of increased movement, and it's felt as if I've been put on a rollercoaster of ups and downs, side to side, and waving motions. It's comforting, sometimes rocking me to sleep, but other times, it's hard to get to sleep with how fast Mommy is moving. I've also been picking up on some stress with Mommy. Sure hope she's doing all right. I know she's anxious to meet me and hold me. I'm just as anxious to meet her for the first time. Still not too sure about that little screamer who likes to bump against me or push on me. She has her loving moments, though, and I can feel it when she kisses Mama's belly or rubs the belly to be nice to me. I don't know. Maybe she's not so bad. Will have to wait and see.

Other than that, I'm just trying to figure out when I'm ready to make my appearance outside of Mommy's belly. It's so warm in here, even if it IS getting rather cramped. I have no doubt I'll be just as warm on the outside, wrapped in Mommy's or Daddy's arms. Looking forward to that day.

It's me again. The mama. :) That's it for now. Tune in each week for the latest. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

No comments: