image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, January 08, 2007

A New Phase of the Writing Life

The dawning of the new year has come and gone, and it's time to get back in business. As I stated last year, the author spotlights will shift to Wednesdays from here on out. Mondays and Fridays will be used for something directly correlating to writing.

I've toyed with the idea of using Fridays for a diary entry of sorts from the key character in my first book. Her words would give you a glimpse of the life and times of Colonial Delaware while sharing a piece of who she is along the way.

Was even thinking of teaming up with a couple fellow authors who are also writing during this time period and having our characters interact with each other, sharing their letters here on this blog.

Haven't fully decided, but I know I want to offer something *you* want to see. So, share what you'd like see posted here. If one of the ideas above appeals to you, tell me. And as always, tell others about this blog if you think it might interest them. Thanks for your support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of one of your characters blogging on Fridays! What a great way to get people (me) interested in your book. I'm one of those saps that gets totally wrapped up in the characters and their drama! I love it when a character seems to leap off the page and come to life! This would be like breathing life into your character and giving her/him a voice of their own!! Brilliant!

Shauna

Tina Ann Forkner said...

Great idea. And I love your site. You are very talented!

Jennifer Y. said...

Great ideas! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us!

I'd love to get to know your characters better and what an interesting way to do so.

Anonymous said...

Good idea, Tiff! I hope this year brings a lot more great ideas for you and your writing. I just had to stop by and say hi, since I missed doing so when you had my interview post. I was out of town practically half of December, so I'm sorry I didn't stop by.

I'll have to make Fridays a Tiff Miller habit. :)

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Ok, I'm gonna hold y'all to coming on Fridays to learn about Raelene. :) That's 5 who think it's a good idea. We'll see how it goes.