image: header
image: gownflare

Saturday, December 16, 2006

SOLD! First Book Sale Celebration -- It's Party Time!

That's right. After 3 long years (from the first conversation with editor Jim Peterson in Houston), I have sold a Delaware historical to Barbour for their Heartsong Presents line. They're interested in the other 2 books in the series for a full repackaged state series, but those 2 are still under consideration. This first one is slated for a Jan. 2008 release and my contract will be here in Feb. 2007.

It's been a long-time dream of mine to join the Heartsong Presents team, so I'm thrilled to bits to have this news right before Christmas.

So, forgive the delay in this week's spotlight guest. I'll double-up next week with 2 special guests...possibly 3...to make up for it. The winner from last week has been posted in the comments of that spotlight interview.

Thank you to everyone who has visited, read my blog, read my stories, or supported me in any way. Don't discount the role you've played in this sale--no matter how small you think it was. I owe so much to each and every one of you. Stay tuned for a revised web site after the first of the year to reflect this exciting news.

And one more thing!

Once my actual contract arrives, and I begin this journey toward my book release, I'll be shifting gears slightly on this blog. Spotlight interviews will move to Wednesdays. Mondays and Fridays will be reserved for me sharing details of my experiences and insight as I prepare my first book for release. I'll also begin sharing about submissions to other publishers and agents for my other books. If this proves successful, I might even get creative with the characters in my book and let them talk to you as well. We'll see what happens next year.

Coming next week...spotlights with Brandt Dodson, Lena Nelson Dooley and Meredith Efken. Don't disappear for Christmas yet! The last 3 chances to win FREE books before 2006 comes to a close. Come back and visit again.

4 comments:

Jennifer Y. said...

WooHoo! Congrats! I love the Heartsong Presents books!

Anne said...

Wow Tiff, congratulations!
I'm so happy to hear/read the news, and I'm looking forward to buying this book -- hopefully it'll be available at amazon too. :)

Happy holidays to you! :)

Anne

Anonymous said...

Whoo,hooooo!! I'm super excited for you and your big sale! You go, girl! Keep us updated on the coming release date so I can be watching for it!

Go celebrate with chocolate!! The calories don't count for this occassion. LOL!

Blessings,
Shauna

Anonymous said...

Fabulous News !!!
Congratulations - you have worked really hard for this.
Best Wishes for 2007 and heres to the next book