image: header
image: gownflare

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Night of Many Blessings

Never, never, never doubt God's ability to bless you. I intended to share more, but that will have to come tomorrow. But tonight, I got together with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. We went to dinner after work and she treated. Then, as we were belaboring over what to choose for dessert, her cell phone rings. Her friend from work had 2 tickets to a major league baseball game that night and couldn't get rid of them. So, my friend looked at me and asked if I'd like to go.

Citizens Bank FieldI hadn't been to a pro game in over 5 years. But Spring is in the air and I got the itch to see a game. So, on a whim, I said yes. And so began our night full of blessings and surprises.

First, there was virtually no traffic getting to the game thanks to my brother who gave us a "back" way which brought us to the stadium (only 1-1/2 years old) in a more direct route. Second was getting in to park for only $6 instead of the $10 charge because that's the only cash we had on us. The attendant took the $6 and told us to enjoy the game. Praise God! Third, was *where* our seats were. And here's quick funny story.

Hall of Fame ClubWe didn't even look at the tickets except to note the section. When we were directed to the elevator, an attendant hit the #2 button and directed us to the left once the doors opened. He told us we had nice seats and to go around to our left. So we did. Only we encountered the "Hall of Fame Club" and glass doors. Knowing we couldn't go through them, we figured we'd have to go around the long way. So we turned around...only to reach the end of the level out from left field. After asking another attendant to direct us to our section, he told us to turn around and go through the glass doors marked "Hall of Fame Club." We were surprised we'd be able to get through there, and the man took my friend's ticket and pointed to the embossed hologram on it which said "Hall of Fame." *g*

Section 214 Hall of Fame seatingThat's right. VIP treatment, club seats, free food, carpeted floors. The works! And our seats were fantastic...just behind first base and up one level. Got a nice view of the team mascot and great shots of the field. Beautiful field. And if that's not enough, free food from a private party next to us after they left their remainders and ditched the park at the bottom of the 8th inning.

Tiff w/field backgroundOh, and the most important part? The Washington Nationals WON! Grand Slam at the top of the 9th sealed the Phillies fate. LOL! I'm thrilled my home team won...even if I live closer to Philly than DC now.

Ok, so I guess I don't need to share any more details, since I pretty much covered it all here. But I'll come back and share photos tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Glad you had a great time! Awesome to see how God worked things out to give you a really fun night out and a little stress relief after a way too long week at work. ;)

personally, baseball puts me to sleep. ;)

Cindy Thomson said...

Hi Tiff,
I came over from ACFW. What a surprise to see a post about baseball. I'm a big baseball fan. My picture is from The Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. I'm in the Diamond Seats (similar to what you're talking about in Washington, I think) but I didn't get to stay there. I was on a tour.

Glad you had fun. Call me next time! ;-)