image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, June 30, 2008

Humor in Life -- The Beautiful Bride of Solomon

Well, I don't have any "funny" stories to share this week, but my husband and I ventured out on Saturday to swap out my office desk from a metal one loaned by Stu's mom when I first moved here to a wooden executive desk that came from Stu's previous supervisor at work. Here are 2 pictures of my new workspace:





Once we had that established, we headed out to an Antique Warehouse here in town and found a beautiful hallway table and a shelving unit to sit on top of my new desk. They both complement the decor nicely and add just the right touch to our cozy little condo. Here's the table:



Now, since there were no notable funny moments, I'll leave you with something a friend and author sent me. I about busted a gut from laughing so hard. What's even better is the woman featured in this video is also a friend of mine and fellow author. She is full of life, humor, and great teaching, and her books are fantastic.

Take a look and let me know what you think. :)


6 comments:

windycindy said...

I love your antique hall table. I don't have speakers right now, so I can't listen to your friend's podcast. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Thanks, Cindi. It was a real bargain at just under $50! I'm no expert, but I'd say a piece as sturdy and well-crafted as this would easily go for at least $200 at full retail.

As for the YouTube video, even without speakers it's hilarious. If you know anything at all about the Song of Solomon and how he describes his lover, you'll get a real kick out of it. :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness...that was such a funny video!! Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

You're welcome, Shelley. I about bust a gut when I saw it. And after spending time with Vonda in person? Yes, she IS that comical. :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

Grateful Gramma said...

How funny! I've always thought some of the descriptions in the Song of Solomon sound so strange for our day and time. To actually see them was a hoot!

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

I agree, Ginny. When I saw this video by Vonda, I just HAD to share it. And if you met her in person, you'd see why she does such a great job with that schtick. :)