image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, September 10, 2007

Book Deadline and Photo Album Time!

All right, I have a confession. My life is jam-packed these days with several time crunches falling on me all at once. The #1 BIGGIE is my book deadline for October 1st. I'm humming along on word count and won't have a problem getting it done, but it's taking up just about ALL of my spare time. Thankfully, I'm still able to take special moments out and share them with my husband. Can't neglect him, after all. :)

What is keeping it fun is racing with a fellow author and friend who is also on the same book deadline with the same publisher. Each night we report our word count and tally up our total. I surpassed her last night and she set her goal to be whatever I write today PLUS the number of words that I am ahead of her right now. LOL! Gives me a goal each day and helps lighten the stress.

Ahh...the life of an author and the periodic stress phases that hit.

The other time crunch is the annual writer's conference coming up next week in Dallas. I am co-coordinator of the bookstore, so there are a lot of tasks to be completed before the conference even begins. Praise God I have another coordinator to share the load and she runs the show! However, Stuart and I have to prepare and pack and pay bills and clear out the refrigerator so nothing is left unattended while we're away.

Phew! I get tired just thinking about it.

On a brighter note, I have 2 photo albums to share with you. One is from a scenic mountain drive Stuart and I took on our way down to the family land in Canon City and the weekend of our reception here in Colorado.

Colorado Scenic Drive

The other is of the reception itself.

Colorado Reception

Hope you enjoy viewing them.

Come back Wednesday for the next author spotlight and book giveaway...plus the winner from last week's!

No comments: