image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, July 10, 2006

Winners and Contests!

First, if you haven't entered the Pirates of the Caribbean and The Redemption Treasure Hunt contest, read the post after this one for all the details. Contest ends this Friday.



Second, let me congratulate Patricia Woodside, for winning the contest for a FREE AUTOGRAPHED COPY of Ginny Smith's Just As I Am. Ginny was in the spotlight the last week of June, and Patricia's name was selected from those who commented on Ginny's posts. Thank to you everyone who showed your support by visiting and commenting. Come back soon for the next author spotlight.



Now, I can hardly contain my excitement. For those of you who don't know, the CHRISTY AWARDS were held this past weekend at ICRS (International Christian Retailer Show) in Denver, Colorado. The Christys were launched in 1999 as a way to honor and recognize excellence in Christian fiction. They were named in honor of Catherine Marshall's novel and of her contribution to growth of the fiction Christians love to read.

This year, I was tickled pink to learn that one of my new favorite authors, Deeanne Gist, had her very first novel nominated in the category of romance. A Bridge Most Begrudging traveled a long road to publication, but the journey was worth the wait. Not only did she achieve high sales, but SHE WON! When I saw the list of nominees, I knew in my heart Deeanne would win, but I wasn't 100% sure. Now, it's confirmed. And she's posted on her own blog about the win along with sharing a photo of the award presented to her Saturday night.

Way to go, Deeanne!

No comments: