image: header
image: gownflare

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Speaking to Writers

Although not many know that I also "moonlight" as a web designer and specialize in web sites for writers *grins*...I had my first "official" speaking engagement on Saturday. After being invited to speak to a writer's group down state, I spent a lot of time assembling facts and figures and details they'd need to get started in the web site world. Most of them were unfamiliar with the first steps, and a handful already had sites but wanted to know how to make them better.

With a few prayers sent heavenward on the drive down, I arrived with a peace in my spirit and confidence that the information I'd share would be just what that group needed. Thanks to the Lord's guidance, the session met with success, and that peace in my spirit confirmed to me that I had found yet another extension of the path I'd been called to travel.

Putting on the "speaking" hat made me hesitate at first, but taking that step in faith made it possible to push forward in confidence. I also received compensation for my time and shared knowledge. And when I came home, I had received a bonus blessing from an organization for which I work. Yet another confirmation that I'm pursuing the right path in life. It's awesome when you can have that certainty and even better when the blessings come as a result of your obedience. Wouldn't trade it for the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany! I was one in that group last Saturday - thank you so very much!! I loved your spirit of helpfulness. Actually, I came to your blog to see what it looked like. I'm taking the plunge! -Eva (the story of the miscarriage) Thanks again!!

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Eva, SO glad you're going forward with your story. I was quite moved by it, from what you shared. It has a lot of potential. Best wishes with your blog adventure. Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm fairly new to this myself. :)