image: header
image: gownflare

Friday, March 10, 2006

Distractions and Focus

Wow. Amazing how quickly time slips by without your notice. Seems like only yesterday I was composing my last post, and here it's been almost 2 weeks. I continually have the thought of coming here to post and am forever getting ideas that would warrant a blog addition, but when I sit in front of my computer, too many other things distract me.

Of course, this past week has been an up and down rollercoaster with Mom. What started out as discomfort and pain in the abdomen has now led her to admittance to the hospital enduring a battery of tests to find out the cause of the pain, nausea and upset stomach, not to mention the tenderness across her lower abdomen. Doctors think it might be an ulcer, appendicitis, or something having to do with the lower intestine. Needless to say, this week has been out of whack and sleep hasn't been plentiful.

But, God is awesome...all the time, and He has his plans for why Mom's where she is. Praise the Lord she's not in pain any longer and she's not sick in any other way. I pray we'll learn the cause of what started it all.

In the meantime, life goes on and I'm trying to stay focused on my writing. I also have my web site clients and a full plate at work during the week. Juggling has become a close friend in recent years. :)

And if I'm not already glutton for punishment, I've teamed up with a PR company through a fellow ACFW member to help promote new books and authors, established and new. The way we do this is to feature an interview/review of an author/book to help spread the word and possibly host the author as a guest on your blog.

My first 2 reviews will follow shortly.

No comments: