image: header
image: gownflare

Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's Planting Season

And the final message I'll cover that was shared pertained to kingdom seeds that are planted within each one of us. We need to stop dwelling on the old and start focusing on the new that is going to come into our lives. We each hold a seed or many seeds in our hands, but they need to be planted if they're going to grow.

As a writer, that means planting myself in my seat and watering the story I've begun on my computer. It means spending time tending to it, nurturing it, removing the weeds, giving it room to grow. Sometimes, it might need its location or root system changed so it gets more sunlight. I like to think of this as changing the course of the story to receive more "Son" light, more inspiration from God. And when I'm stuck, God uses what is troubling me to help me grow as a writer.

No matter how I feel about my own abilities...and when I look at multi-published authors or authors who have sold hundreds of thousands of copies of their books, feelings of inadequacy creep in...God has a plan. He can use what appears insignificant in the eyes of the world to become significant. There is no limit to what can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit. It all belongs to God anyway, and when you're willing to step out of your comfort zone, God will help you have a large impact.

There are dormant seeds in each one of us, ready for the rain and the nourishment and the TLC to help them grow. Plant them. Care for them. You haven't seen anything yet!

2 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

wow great posts Tiff! Thanks for the 2x4.

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

You're quite welcome, Heather. Figured turnaround was fair play after the insight you shared a few weeks ago. :)