image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Mishaps with Mom

Ok, here we are at week 2 with this new series. I received a lot of comments on Facebook (since this blog feeds into both Twitter and Facebook) on last week's story. This week's is sure to bring a smile to those of you pet-lovers. :)

You can always look at the labels at the bottom of the right column to find "monday mishaps with mom" and read up on any week you've missed.
My goal with these weekly posts is to encourage mothers who might be feeling a bit frazzled, and to inspire giggles or laughs to help brighten your day as you start off your week.

This week, the mishap involves are rather resilient Betta fish. We picked him out last year at my SIL's wedding reception. They were part of the table centerpieces. Everyone else who took one home no longer has theirs, but ours has survived despite many mishaps, dirty tanks, forgotten feedings, and at times, cold water.

This time, though, I was making important phone calls and heard my daughter playing in the water in the bathroom. She usually just likes washing her hands.

But not today!

When I got off the phone, my daughter walks up to my desk with her hands held out in front of her....covered in hand soap. If only that was the least of my worries.

I followed her to the bathroom where I discovered--much to my dismay--she had not only washed her hands, but she'd decided to feed the fish while she was at it.

This included dumping the entire contents of the fish food container into the fish bowl. The treats of blood worms were all over the counter and in the sink.

And the poor fish was swimming around in his tank, underneath the food. I don't think there was any clear surface above him. Needless to say, my daughter got time-out for making such a mess, and I had to do an immediate tank cleaning and bathroom wipe-down.

What a shame our doorknob locks don't work on that door. And if weren't for the fact she needs access to that room to go potty, I'd lock it off from her. Guess I just have to lock the cabinet instead.

How about you? What amusing pet stories do you have involving your kids?

Tune in next week for the next "Monday Mishap with Mom." See you then!

No comments: