image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - Week 28, 12 to Go!

Just 12 weeks left. Inching ever closer to those single-digit weeks. And now, as of week 28, here is the update:

Fatigue is back in spades, and the little guy is pushing on anything and everything, shifting it all out of place. Amazing that everything still works...well for the most part. :) More frequent visits to the restroom, and it's nigh onto impossible to get a solid night's sleep. But I suppose I should get used to that again. Going to have a newborn waking a few times in the night until he settles into a routine. Praying he's like his sister in that regard and figures it out in 7 weeks or less. :)

I'm going to be calling a chiropractor this week to set up an appointment and see if he can help with the S-I joint pains or even make any adjustments that might help make sleeping or sitting more comfortable. The round ligament pains make standing and walking difficult, even after sitting just 5 minutes.

And you know, I’ve been feeling a bit like a barn with legs lately? Richard has shifted and pushed out more. He's moving a lot, and I know he's on his way toward making that spin to be head-down. One more prenatal appointment before I go to every 2 weeks. Then, in March, it will be every week. My last appointment went quite well. Blood pressure was 110/72 and Richard's heartbeat was 160, but that was because I'd just got done drinking some super sweet stuff for the glucose test. Praise God I passed and didn't have to do anything more. With Victoria, I had to go back and do a 3-hour test. Blech! That meant THREE of those bottles.

Anyway, for now, I’ve got myself a little boy in the business of collecting fat and lots of it! In spite of the dubious joys of being a human-barn, this baby fat business is very serious and I’ve got to put up with it because it’s going to keep my little porker warm and healthy after birth.

Other good stuff from inside: his eyes are doing lots of blinking this week because they’re now able to respond to light and dark. We'll probably do the flash light on my belly in the dark to see if he responds. His big sister did. She gave a good kick at the light. Also, my son's industrious little bone marrow is now a major construction site for developing red blood cells, while his super-cute adrenal glands are actually producing androgen and estrogen—which will stimulate my hormones to begin milk production. Can we say, “Moo?” :)

And now for some words from the little wiggle-worm inside me:

Well, I had a pretty exciting week this past week. I'm not sure if there was an earthquake or what, but I was rocking and being tossed all over the place. I can only guess it was somehow connected to that annoying big sister I'll be meeting soon. Sure hope she's as sweet on the outside as mommy and daddy say she is, because from what I can hear and feel, I'm not so sure.

But I guess I can't complain. For the most part, it's a nice and comfy spot I've got here. I often hear some nice singing, fun music, and laughter. So, life on the outside can't be all the bad. Still, all things considered, I think I'll stay in here just a little while longer and enjoy this peace and solitude. Something tells me I won't get much of it for a while once I'm out.

Now it's time for me again. The mama. :) That's it for now. Tune in each week for the latest. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

3 comments:

Barbara Curtis said...

It's always fun reading your updates on how your baby is growing--and how you're doing!

Martha A. said...

A little boy this time? I have not checked in here for awhile!

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Yes, ma'am. And we're thrilled. One of each is what we'll have. And we're done. I'm getting too old for this. :)