image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - Week 23, 17 to Go!

Ok, just 17 weeks left. And as of week 23, here is the update:

For those who didn't tune in last week, we had our ultrasound on December 2nd, and.... drum roll...

IT'S A BOY!

That's right. Richard Vaughn Stockton is growing inside of me and is quite the wiggle-worm.

At this point I’ve pretty much adjusted to the fact I’ve got a moving little gymnast inside of me, but now he's going to kick up the party a notch because he can hear and react to sounds from the outside world. Sounds from my alarm clock, a thunder roll, or that darned car honking at me across the intersection can actually jar his little ears enough to elicit a kick or violent bout of squirming. Good thing we don't live in New York City or some other big city known for crazy drivers and honkers. My boy would be kicking twice as much!

Of course this also means his little ears are picking up the sounds of my voice and those near me. I've been talking and singing to him for weeks now—and if he starts kicking, I take it as a kick of approval. :)


My boy's tiny taste buds are still growing and his bones are continuing to ossify (harden), his tiny veins are visible through his translucent yet wrinkly skin. He's been swimming in the equivalent of a long hot bath for the past 23 weeks, so can you blame him for being a little prune-like? It'll all stretch out and smooth out by the time he's ready to make his presence on the outside.


That's it for now. Next week, you'll get to hear from Richard himself from the womb. Tune in each week for the latest. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

No comments: