image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - Week 21, 19 to Go!

Well, we've made it to the halfway point and beyond. Sorry I didn't post last week. Thanksgiving and traveling to see my family back East sort of took it all out of me. But now, we're at 4-3/4 months to go if this baby comes on time. It never ceases to amaze me I'll be holding my second little one and falling in love all over again in just a matter of months. :)

And as of week 21, here is the update:

Our first ultrasound is scheduled for this coming Thursday, December 2nd. My husband will be there with me. My mother-in-law is sick and doesn't want to risk bringing the sickness with her. She caught it from my niece and nephew over the holidays. Gee, what a great "gift." I'd love to take my daughter too, but it's right in the middle of her naptime. (sigh) She'll just have to be happy with feeling the baby kick and seeing Mommy's tummy get bigger and bigger.

I'm continually feeling movement and the kicks several times a day. Haven't seen any visible evidence yet, but I sure do feel it. I've noticed this one doesn't like it when I lean forward or when my daughter sits on my belly. Can't imagine why! :) Doc said I should definitely experience my first real kick about mid-December, which is coming up fast!

Belly hasn't gotten much larger, and I'm glad! I haven plenty of room in there. This tyke is swimming happy and probably doing the backstroke, reveling in all the freedom to move. Better enjoy it now, as it won't last long.

My beautiful little miracle-gro baby will be putting on a full ounce and a half this week (and weighing up to 16.5 ounces), but that’s just the beginning! Within the next five weeks, they’ll really be packin’ it on! For now, I'm pleased to report the addition of rapid eye movement (REM): a key component to any healthy baby’s sleep schedule.

While in the dermatology department: this little one's thin soft skin is very red, rather translucent, and a bit wrinkled. No worries, it’s not a premature aging disease. It's just his/her clever little body setting them up with extra space that will smooth out once this little one starts packing on the baby-fat. That won’t be for a few more weeks, though.

So for the time being, my munchkin is still a little lean mean growing machine! The beginnings of what is commonly called “brown fat” is just starting to fill in to help my baby retain some body heat, which is crucial as he/she's not yet capable of regulating their own body temperature. Sure is keeping me warm though! And winter's coming, so I don't mind a bit. :)

That's it for now. Next week, I'll be able to share pictures from our ultrasound and I hope I can also say whether we're having a boy or a girl. Tune in each week for the latest. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

1 comment:

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Glad to hear that you're both doing great!

XOXO~ Renee