image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, January 05, 2009

Baby Update -- Week 29, 11 Weeks to Go!

Here we are. First post of the new year. It's week 29 and I've got 11 weeks to go on the full estimate. But as babies go, this little one could make an appearance in as little as 8 weeks or as many as 13. It all depends. I don't feel like I've grown much and this picture seems to make me look smaller than last week, but must be the sweater.

How's Mama doing? Let's see. Heartburn has become an almost constant companion, but it's manageable with Tums so far. Sciatica is something I had before pregnancy, but it hits anytime I lie on either side. Praise God for a body pillow that alleviates that. Just doesn't help when I'm on the couch. :) I've increased the trips to the bathroom, which means 2x in the middle of the night. Praying I won't increase much more at night, or I'll never get any sleep. I'm already waking every 1 to 1-1/2 hours as it is.

I do get headaches once in a while, but they're minor. And if I stand too quickly, I get a sharp pain for a few seconds, so I'm moving a bit slower these days. Hubby also tells me I have a "cute waddle." LOL! I can only imagine what I'll be like in March. The only other thing that bugs me a little is the blood vessels in my nose that expand at night when I sleep. At first, nose strips worked, but now they don't. Might have to switch to a saline nasal spray. I can still breathe, but it's tight and not comfortable.

Other than those minor things that are manageable, I'm doing great. Next appointment is this coming Thursday and then I start going every 2 weeks. We'll see how I'm progressing with results from the appointment.

And now for a few words from baby Stockton...



Ok, I heard mommy say something recently that is rather disturbing. I've been peeing into my amniotic sac for a little while now and mommy said I actually swallow it along with the rest of the amniotic fluid. Eww! That's just gross. Mommy says it's all right, though, that it's all sterile and is replaced several times throughout the day. But just thinking about that makes me cringe. What am I going to tell people when I'm older? That I drank my pee when I was growing in the womb? Icky! Although, if I'm doing this, then so did everyone else. Guess it's not so bad if everyone else had to endure it too!

Another not so fun experience is something called hiccups. I've just been doing my job practicing my breathing, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, these hiccups strike! Talk about feeling like an earthquake. It feels like when mommy presses on her tummy to get me to move, only I end up shaking much harder. I bet mommy can feel it too, since my kicks and punches are usually less regular.

On the good side, I have managed to accumulate enough baby fat to account for nearly 3.5% of my overall body weight. That's great compared to what I hear some folks have for a percentage. :) My bones, brain, organs and other parts account for the rest of what I weigh now, which is a just about 3 pounds. Yeah, I know, compared to you adults out there, it's not that much, but when you're little like me—it's a healthy accomplishment. Oh, and my spleen is now in charge of the building up of certain important blood components. I have no idea what they are, but it sounds like I need it.

I'm done for this week. Time to get some rest. I've been doing my jazzercise in here all morning. I bet mommy would like a break from all the kicks and punches. I can't help it, though. There is less and less room in here. Mommy helps though by sitting up straight. I heard the doctor say that good posture will help mommy's back pain, if you ask me, I think me being born will help that.




Ok, that's enough from the little one. It's me again, the mommy.

Last week, I mentioned that hubby and I did some nesting. On top of that, we also updated our baby registries and removed items we've already received. We did some minor browsing and swapped out some items, then discussed baby shower stuff with my sister-in-law, who is throwing one for me on March 1st out here.

Here are 2 pictures from our nesting experience. And here is one that resulted from my "playing" with Photoshop.

As you can see, the crib changed, since I couldn't get the bedding set to work with our crib, but it's a close resemblance. And the colors are obviously not blended, since it's a work of cut and paste. But, you can get the general idea, right? I fiddled a bit just to see what the ideas in my head might look like in an actual photo. Not bad...even if I do say so myself. :) Now, we just have to wait and see if we get all of the items we really want. If not, there are always gift cards.

Oh, and the blank space next to the closet and to the left of the crib will be where the baby's wooden name blocks will go, surrounded by animals from Noah's Ark. We don't know what we're having, so we can't buy the letters just yet. That will happen in a few weeks.

That's about all for now.

Tune in next week for the latest. :) And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right. Thanks for coming along this journey with me.

* * * * *

4 comments:

Martha A. said...

It is gross when you think about it, isn't it! Ick!
The nursery will look beautiful no matter how you do it, but one thing I learned is that do most everything before the baby comes because afterwards it is tough to get it done!

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Yeah, but keeping in mind how often the fluid gets recycled and how much gets filtered through me helps. :)

As for prepping beforehand, we're doing what we can. You're never fully ready for what's to come, but taking it in stride and trusting God is the way to go!

J. M. Hochstetler said...

Sounds like everything is coming along very well. How exciting! Isn't nesting fun? It'll be even more fun when the wee one arrives. lol!

Hugs,
Joan

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Well, it sounds that way, at least. LOL! Yes, nesting is fun when you have something to work with. For now, I have pictures and photoshop. :)

Looking forward to actually holding this little one in my arms for the first time. What a miracle!