Today, I am one of several blogs kicking off a fabuloso blog tour featuring Tricia Goyer and the final book in her chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series. It lasts all this week.
Not only do you get to learn more about Tricia and her book, BUT you get to participate in a MEME questionnaire where your answers will enter you in a chance to win a FREE copy of this book PLUS be part of a group from which THREE lucky winners will be chosen to win your own "lost gold" (copies of the entire book set AND gourmet chocolate coins). :)
And there's more!
You also can enter for 1 of FIVE chances to win the book set by signing up for Tricia's fantastic newsletter here.
Here is the link to the blog tour schedule:
Everything else is found below.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tricia Goyer is the author of twelve books including From Dust and Ashes, My Life UnScripted, and the children's book, 10 Minutes to Showtime. She won Historical Novel of the Year in 2005 and 2006 from ACFW, and was honored with the Writer of the Year award from Mt. Hermon Writer's Conference in 2003. Tricia's book Life Interrupted was a finalist for the Gold Medallion in 2005. In addition to her novels, Tricia writes non-fiction books and magazine articles for publications like Today's Christian Woman and Focus on the Family. Tricia is a regular speaker at conventions and conferences, and has been a workshop presenter at the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International Conventions. She and her family make their home in the mountains of Montana.
A WHISPER OF FREEDOM
by Tricia Goyer
Published by Moody Publishers
Book excerpt: http://www.triciagoyer.com/cmsdocuments/WhisperCh1.doc
Watch the series trailer: http://cg.creativenuclei.com/wip/TriciaGoyer/cscw.html
Tricia's website: http://www.triciagoyer.com/
Tricia's Blogs: http://www.triciagoyer.com/blogs.html
During the tour, anyone can enter to win one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia's newsletter here!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Battles heat up...not only those being waged by the soldiers on both sides fighting for Spain, but in the hearts and minds of the men and women who must sacrifice more than their dreams to save the lives of their loved ones.
In this meticulously researched novel, brave and idealistic Sophie, Philip, Jose, and Deion realize their only hope for freedom is escaping Spain's borders.
By continuing the story of this band of volunteers during the Spanish Civil War, A Whisper of Freedom proves that there are whispers of hope and liberty that resonate through even the darkest night.
Buy your copy of A Whisper of Freedom today!
Other books in the series:
Valley of Betrayal (book 1) - For reasons beyond her control, Sophie finds herself alone in the war-torn Spanish countryside. What was once a thriving paradise has become a battleground for fascist soldiers and Spanish patriots. It doesn't take long for Sophie to realize just how far from home she really is. Caught in the middle of what is quickly becoming a bloody battleground, she receives tragic news, but remaining in Spain is her only option. The route to safety is blocked and fighting surrounds her. On her darkest night, Sophie takes refuge with a brigade of international compatriots. It is among these volunteers, through the use of her fiancés camera and her art, that she pledges to make the plight of the Spanish people known around the world.
A Shadow of Treason (book 2) - Sophie discovers that nothing is as she first imagined. When Walt, the reporter who helped her over the border, shows up again after Guernica is bombed, Sophie is given an impossible mission. She must leave behind the man she's fallen in love with and return to the person who betrayed her. Another layer of the war in Spain is revealed as Sophie is drawn into the international espionage schemes that could turn the tide of the war and help protect the soldiers from the International Brigade ... but can she find a way to get the information she's discovered to Walt before it's too late?
1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!)
* cash it in, put a large amount in savings or a Roth IRA and other investments with good returns on the deposit
* entice Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom to come take a look at it, so I can indulge in my fantasy of pirates and being a lass they come to visit when in port :)
* set it out and see if a rainbow forms so I can discover if those little leprechauns really do exist
2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why).
* Pike's Peak Christian Church (because it has a solid family-based ministry and meets our spiritual needs
* City Hearts, they have a mission of bringing the arts to inner city children who wouldn't otherwise have that exposure
* ChildHelp USA with their mission to help abused or neglected or abandoned children find healing, hope and sometimes new families
3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.
* working with children in Sunday School and Children's Church
* playing taxi service
* going on short-term mission trips to Mexico and Venezuela
4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.
* my Tiki bird slippers
* the dog who loves to lick people and jump on them
* dishes until they need to be used and mounds of paperwork as much as possible
5. List the last three things you've lost.
* my mind
* my keys
* my ability to ignore into the voices in my head
6. List the last three things you've found.
* a long-spout watering can for my plants, since I'm short and have trouble reaching them
* my sense of humor
* * * * *
Readers, you've been tagged to answer the MEME questions above for your chance to win a FREE copy of A Whisper of Freedom. Be as creative as you like. The more creative the better. Have fun with the questions. Answer them all or just one of them. Your comment gets you entered.
If you wish to comment but don't want to be entered, say so when you post. Make sure you also leave your email address (name at domainname dot.com/net) or that it's available for viewing in your blogger profile. Wouldn't want you to miss out on winning a book. :)
And if you want to make certain you don't miss anything, check the box that says 'email follow-up comments to:' when you leave a comment and they'll be sent to the email address associated with your blogging account. That way you'll be notified of any comments and will know when I announce the winner.
This week, the contest is open to US/Canada residents only.
* * * * *
The Weekend Edition
14 hours ago