image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, April 14, 2008

Humor in Life -- My First Book Is in Good Company...Then Again....

All right, for the past few weeks, I've been getting "Google Alerts" sent to my inbox each day to let me know when my name or book title or design business appeared in Blog posts or Web searches. Although I glanced at a few for my first book title, Promises, Promises, I didn't pay much attention to it beyond a simple look.

However, this past week, my husband went onto Amazon.com and did a search for my title. Boy, was HE surprised at what he found! And of course, he just *had* to share it with me.

The first result isn't bad at all...even if the premise isn't the best. It's an audio CD of the 1968 Original cast recording from the Broadway musical by the same title. And recent news has a revival in the works to bring this musical back to Broadway. That's a companion I don't mind being associated with my book. It'll mean some potential good press and publicity.

The play is based on the 1960 Billy Wilder film, The Apartment, written by Neil Simon, about a man who rents his apartment to the philandering upper-level executives at his job so they can bring their girlfriends there. The film was the winner of five 1960 Academy Awards® including Best Picture and starred Jack Lemmon, Shirley Maclaine and Bud Wilder. Some legendary names there! :)

The other one, however, isn't as flattering.

It's a DVD about a 1963 sexy shipboard romp featuring two women who are pregnant but don't know which of the husbands is the father. It resulted in a headline-grabbing photo spread in Playboy Magazine for the lead actress, Jayne Mansfield, who also directed the movie.

Ok, so I can guarantee that my book is NOT connected in any way to that 1960's romp. It isn't even connected to the famous film or play, but I wouldn't mind the added publicity from an Academy-award winning movie!

Now, we just need to get my book listed on Amazon, and that has to wait until my publisher submits the info. I'll be so glad when they do.

No comments: