But there is more to her than the notoriety of a TV show--far too much for this post. So, I'll snip it a bit and say that thanks to my friendship with her, I'm rediscovering my funny bone. I think I shoved it to some unmentionable place, bogged down by the responsibilities of life. Not anymore, though.
I mentioned Kim's life mission. Well, a lot of that mission is accomplished through humor. She has a fantastic way of seeing the fun in life, and after spending just a few hours with her, you're usually good for at least two weeks of seeing the laughter moments in your own life. You'd be amazed at what you see when you're looking at life through funny-bone-colored glasses. :)
So, I've now made it MY mission to rediscover my funny bone and do my part in bringing a little light and fun to others. At least, I'll try. Look out Colorado Springs!
Of course, I might just fail miserably because I'm too practical and serious for this to work. But I'm willing to give it a shot.
Now, let's take a trip down the lane that draws the line between men and women and why men often find it easier to laugh than women do:
* * * * *
A friend and fellow author had this on her blog just before Christmas, and I found it too true not to share . . .
Men Are Just Happier People — what do you expect from such simple creatures?
- Your last name stays put.
- The garage is all yours.
- Chocolate is just another snack.
- You can be President.
- You can never be pregnant.
- You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park or you donʼt have to wear any shirt at all.
- Car mechanics tell YOU the truth.
- The world is your urinal.
- You never have to drive to another gas station because the restroom was just too icky.
- You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
- Same work, more pay.
- Wrinkles add character.
- People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
- New shoes don’t cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
- One mood all the time.
- Wedding dress: $5000; tux rental: $100; wedding plans taking care of themselves: PRICELESS
- Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
- You know stuff about tanks.
- A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
- You can open all your own jars.
- You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
- If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
- Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
- Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
- You almost never have strap problems in public.
- You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
- Everything on your face stays its original color.
- The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
- You only have to shave your face and neck.
- You can play with toys all your life.
- One wallet and one pair of shoes — one color for all seasons.
- You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
- You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.
- You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
- You can do your gift shopping for 25 relatives on December 24th in 23 minutes.
* * * * *
And thus ends today's quest for finding more humor in my life so that I might bring a smile to your face--or maybe just a grin--or actually just a twitch to your lips--or perhaps....oh nevermind. Just stay tuned for next week and more.
* * * * *