image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, March 17, 2008

Humor in Life -- Shopping and Web Sites

Top o' the Mornin' to Ya! And a fine mornin' 'tis too. Not much green to be seen 'round here, but sure'n we got plenty of the white powdery coating outside. 'Tis a beautiful blue sky day with a wee bit of fluffy clouds over the mountains. Mind ya don't go dancin' an Irish jig without a wee leprechaun by your side. Me best wishes that ye be findin' that pot o' gold ye be wantin' and best of luck to ya!

Ok, so I posted last week about my new search to discover the humor in life. And I also shared about the friend who inspired this. So, it only seems fitting that time spent with her is what led to today's reports of the humor from this past week.

First, this past Friday, we went to Best Buy to return an item she'd purchased that ended up not being what she needed. Within seconds of walking in the door, our little venture started out with laughter.

Kim asked the salesperson standing near the front where we needed to go for straight returns. Without missing a beat, he looked at me, then back at Kim and said, "She looks fine to me, why would you want to return her?"

I have to admit that never in my life have I had a salesperson say that to me or about me. What a hoot! Kim and I looked at each other and shared a laugh, then as we made our way to the returns lane, we both agreed that would be the first item to make it into my humor post.

The second happened later that same day. I was at Kim's working on her web site and discovered some of the HTML coding was incomplete. So, we worked together to fix that and when it was all done, she joyfully announced that...

"I have meta tags!"

Her husband walked by, and she told him too, then asked him if he knew what those were. He looked at her and said, "Do you need medication or pills for them?"

Talk about quick wit and a strong connection to the funny bone! LOL! Kim and I both lapsed into giggles and laughter at that one. Again, we agreed that it was classic enough and perfect for this post.

Btw, for those who don't know, 'meta tags' are HTML coding in the header of a web page that tells search engines how to catalogue a web site so when browsers type in keywords, the sites are ranked according to the tags.

And there you have it. My humor moments from this past week. I'll be spending TWO days with Kim this week and one with my critique group. Who knows what can happen between now and next Monday.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kimberley Woodhouse said...

I told a friend the other day, that "I have meta tags, now!" Just to see what her response would be...

She said, "Hey, you make the mess... you clean it up!"

Love you girl!
Kim
www.kimberleywoodhouse.com

windycindy said...

Thanks for your explanation of "meta tag!" It was Greek to me! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

LOL! Love that response too, Kim. Don't we have such a comical language now with our common and familiar use of computers. Is it any wonder that 5-year-olds are learning to communicate in a language that's foreign to so many of us adults?

And you're welcome, Cindi. HTML stuff was Greek to me too when I first began. With God's help, I started to understand it and now design web sites for others. Amazing, isn't it? I just hope I don't blow up something along the way.

I know just enough to get myself in trouble, and that suits me just fine. :)