One more week down, and now it's only 2 weeks until Stuart and I see each other again. Just 10 more work days and 2 weekends. 14 days. Coming down to the home stretch. This will be the first time we've seen each other since getting engaged. We're both excited and counting down the days. :)
At least I have the wedding planning to keep me busy during the week, but even that doesn't always fill the long, lonely hours. *sigh* Of course, Stuart recently got a cell phone with Verizon, so we can alleviate some of that by talking on the phone and not running up huge long-distance bills. We also have instant message too. It's difficult, but manageable.
Now, for the wedding plans. Here's what was accomplished this past week:
* scheduled an appointment with a possible event planner to oversee the day of the wedding and help with decorating the reception hall -- meeting with her this afternoon
* received a referral for a videographer to document the wedding along with the photographer we have
* brought home two dresses that were ready for pick-up, one bridesmaid and one matron of honor
* checked in with final bridesmaid about booking her flight and buying her dress
* had a meeting with my financial advisor to go over our respective budgets and what our combined income/bills would be once we married; sought advice on a few topics Stuart and I had discussed
* met with my matron of honor to plan the bridal shower and bachelorette party (yes, I'm involved in those; the time factor isn't allowing for too many surprises)
* placed the order for the invitations, napkins and keepsake bookmarks
* inquired with hotels and restaurants about blocking rooms for out-of-town guests and searching for a rehearsal dinner location (no luck yet)
* began preliminary inventory (DVD collection)
* asked a friend to come over tonight to help with sorting what I have, what I'm taking and what I'm leaving (will know more once I get back from visiting Stuart
I think that's all for now. Stuart and I have our first premarital counseling meeting this coming Wednesday. Should be interesting with him on the phone and me in the room with the pastor. I'll be the one getting scrutinized while he can make faces, give me the "eye" or do any number of things with no one seeing him. Ha! Just wait for the final session together a few days before the wedding. He'll be in the hot seat then. :)
Please keep us in prayer, that the Lord will continue to shine his favor on us and the plans and give us strength. Thanks!
5 hours ago