This is it. Today's the BIG day. The day I fly away from the East Coast and soar across the country to see my beloved fiance. Stuart and I are both anxious and excited. We've got a great week planned spending time together and taking time for some wedding details we can't easily do while we're apart.
I'll be chiming in from Colorado next Monday with a report from the week and the next countdown. The rest of this week I have 2 spotlights planned for Wednesday and Friday. The winner from last week's might have to wait until I return.
But enough about that. Let's get to what happened last week with the wedding plans. Hmm...
* Finished inventory here at home and got everything organized into going, selling or yard sale piles. Whatever doesn't go this time around will get donated somewhere.
* Had an annual physical to make sure I'm still healthy and everything's ticking the way it should. :) You know how blood pressure can skyrocket at times like this, but mine was fantastic. Phew!
* Received the invitations, napkins, ribbons and toasting glasses.
* Decided to go with the "planner" at church who works with couples using the church for weddings. She merely works with the sound and A/V folks to coordinate and helps with decorations. Since she's been doing this for years and considers it a ministry, it worked out great for us.
* Followed up with last bridesmaid on ordering her dress. All bridesmaids have their dresses ordered and alterations appointments.
* Reminded dad and older brother to get their measurements done this week. We'll see if they do it. :)
* Packed for my trip to Colorado!
That's about it for now. This week will be full of other little things, and that report will come next week...along with pictures of THE SPARKLY THING. Stuart and I both would appreciate your prayers for us. The separation has been difficult and saying goodbye this time will be doubly hard. God's stronger than us, though, and we'll make it.
See you next week!
Best of the Archives: Pam's Writing World
54 minutes ago