That's right. Only 3 more months. Better yet, just ONE WEEK until I see my beloved fiance again. Feel like doing a happy dance right now. :) If only you could see me. You know that saying "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Right now, it's so true.
Of course, with the excitement comes a little bit of stress or head-butting with my immediately family, but thankfully, the storm blows over quickly. I have to make sure I'm not being overbearing or unreasonable when it comes to requests or reactions to circumstances and situations. Certainly had my fair share of them so far. And there are bound to be more. At least I can rely on my overall relaxed nature to help me, as well as my calming-antidote fiance. *winks* Always get an outside opinion. Works wonders!
Now, for what happened last week:
* met with an event planner, but have a strong feeling we won't be hiring her due to the cost when we can gather friends and other detail-oriented folks to help.
* met with a videographer, but again, while the fancy options might be unique, we don't feel it's worth the high cost, when we can have 3 video cameras set up on tripods to record and ask someone attending the wedding to capture the big moments.
* finalized the rehearsal dinner locations and sent off the top 5 choices/options to my fiance's family for their decision; hoping to have a pick by the end of this week.
* received my "bride name change kit" in the mail and cringed at all the paperwork I have to file in order to take care of the legal part of getting married. :)
* welcomed a friend to help me inventory what I have here at home, so I can know what I'm leaving behind and what I'm taking when I move; this will also enable me to go out to visit my fiance with a list where we can decide what of mine I'm bringing and what of his we're keeping; once we figure that out, I will probably call home and tell my family what they can remove and sell at the community yard sale while I'm gone.
* cleared out the storage locker of my items and inventoried everything.
* finalized the order for the invitations and few extra accessories; they should be in here in about 5 days.
* had our first premarital counseling session last week via phone with my fiance while I sat in the room with the pastor (I felt it went well and we even shared a few laughs).
* scheduled our next session for after I return from Colorado
I believe that's everything...I think. Maybe I should start coming here after each thing and jotting it down then saving the draft so I don't leave anything out. For all I know, I could be forgetting something very important. Oh well. If I do, I'll come back and add it. :)
This week, we have a meeting with another planner from my church who helps with weddings taking place there. We'll see what that brings for cost.
I also have to chat with my fiance about what I'm packing and bringing with me for my trip. Hard to believe it's almost here! I'll have another post next Monday and will try to post from out there the week after, as I'll still be in Colorado then.
Thanks for continuing to hang with me as we travel this adventure together. See you next week!
The Encyclopedia Americana
59 minutes ago