image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, May 28, 2007

11 Weeks Down; 9 to Go!

And now we're on the other side of the halfway mark. Only 8 weeks until Stuart's here again and another 5 days after that until the wedding. Of course, the flip side of that is it's only been a week since I saw him last, and it feels like more than a month! (sigh)

Like we agreed the other night, though. There's no sense in sitting around waxing melancholia or getting down in the doldrums. The wheels are in motion, and things are progressing smoothly for the most part toward the BIG DAY. Allowing the sadness of not being together to overshadow the joy and excitement of what we'll have in just a few short weeks will only make it more difficult.

So, with that said, I have the next set of what's been accomplished this week along with a link to some pictures for you to enjoy:

* Received some songs favorites from Stuart's side of the family for the DJ to play at the reception. We want others to enjoy the music as much as we will and not only have songs we like, but ones they select as well.
* Started making plans for wedding party transporation and polled family members on their preferences.
* Edited some of our registries and had a brief moment of uncertainty about all the places we've registered, then realized it's our wedding and having fun is the most important part. We've had a lot of fun, so our list of 10 places is staying. :)
* Emailed out best man, bridesmaid, matron of honor duties to key players in the wedding, just in case they wanted to have a list to make sure they've got everything covered. This was more of a humorous find than anything, and everyone got a kick out of reading the list. You can find it on theknot.com.
* Sent a list to our soloists of the top 5 songs we want sung at our wedding. Working on putting them all on one CD so the couple can choose:

1. When I Said I Do (Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black)
2. I See Jesus In You (Billy Gaines)
3. You Light Up My Life (Debby Boone)
4. Love Moves in Mysterious Ways
5. Other Side of Me (Michael W. Smith)

I've selected my worship leader from church and her husband. Their musical talent is amazing, and I know whatever they do will be fantastic!
* Went shopping with matron of honor and mom to pick up the rest of the decorations for my bridal shower this coming Saturday; also purchased the food items and made plans for a pre-shower preparation time Friday after work and Saturday morning. Yes, I'm involved in the planning of my shower. With the time constraints and having bridesmaids all over the country, a surprise wasn't possible.
* Received engagement photos and selected out the favorites. Still have to narrow it down more for the high-res prints and determine where we'll be using them, but will discuss that with Stuart this week.
* Completed "homework" for our 2nd premarital counseling session this coming Wednesday.
* Determined the pre-wedding schedule for decorating, final tux-fitting, rehearsal and bachelorette party. Going to be a jam-packed Friday!
* Determined the wedding day timing and realized I have to be at the church at 8am for the 11am ceremony. After the bachelorette party the night before, and my own excitement, I wonder if I'll get any sleep! LOL!
* Put my matron of honor, mom and good friend on alert to keep me "busy" and "distracted" so I don't slip into melancholy mode; also warned them they'd need to keep my head out of "la-la land" too. :)

I think that's all from last week. Coming back from Colorado and realizing there were only 9 weeks left got me in gear, full speed ahead! And now, here are the pictures I promised above:

Colorado Vacation
Engagement Photo Shoot

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well, you sure have been a busy little beaver.

Thanks for sharing the photos. They were great! You both look very happy!

Cheryl M.

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Kind of makes me glad we eloped! LOL Well, sort of. We got married with another couple out in the desert. It was quite cool for the time.

And since I'm only claiming to be 31, I won't tell you when that was! ;o)

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Busy? Me? Whatever gave you that idea, Cheryl? :) And yes, we *are* happy, except when we're apart, like now. Just have to keep reminding myself it's only 7-1/2 more weeks until I see him again.

And eloping, Ane? I admit the thought crossed my mind in Colorado. Stuart's father is a pastor. I entertained the thought of having him marry us there, but I was good and stuck with the original plan, no matter how difficult it is.

As for the "31" claim...with your red hair, I guess we could almost be twins then. :)