And another one right on the heels of the previous one. This one is a bit of "fun" as passed on from a fellow blogger and writing friend. I blame
Jenny Cary for this one, but at least it won't distract me for long. And her lists were so good, I "borrowed" from them to create mine.
It seems there's a wind floating through several blogs these days, challenging us to develop our own 7 sevens. I might consider tagging others. We'll see how this goes for me.
Seven Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Marry the man God has for me and work together to build a strong, God-centered marriage.
2. Become a mother.
3. Write all the books God has placed in my head, and get them published.
4. Visit Europe, but England, Scotland and Ireland hold stronger draw.
5. Document my family history and chronology and write it down for future generations.
6. Write a Christmas play and see it published/performed.
7. Inspire at least one other person to pursue their dreams, despite whatever roadblocks they face.
Seven Favorite Childhood Memories
1. Helping our dog, Diamond, give birth to 8 puppies in our garage.
2. Getting stuck on the roof of the back porch when my older brother promised he'd come back to get me.
3. Being given a backstage tour of Disney World during my first visit when Dad & Mom had their money stolen because they left older brother and me to sit on a bench while they road Thunder Mountain, and we left the bags on the bench to get a closer look at the ride.
4. Opening the front door and seeing only a wall of snow.
5. Watching Diamond's puppy, Champ, create tunnels through the snow and jump through the top of the snow occasionally to let us know where he was.
6. Seeing our above-ground pool turned into a rather large sandbox when the frame could no longer hold water.
7. Visiting PipSqueak's farm (family friends) in West Virginia and realizing the outhouse was constructed over the edge of a cliff, as well as learning what it's like to live without running water, electricity and miles from the nearest town or neighbor.
Seven Favorite Places I've visited
1. Los Angeles (Paramount Ranch and WB Studios--where favorite TV shows and movies have been filmed--and of course dinner at actress Jane Seymour's home!)
2. Washington, D.C. & Philadelphia (US history tours)
3. Harrisonburg, VA (timeshare in the Blue Ridge Mountains)
4. New York City (Broadway, Time Square, Central Park, Battery Park, Ellis Island, Liberty Island, Coney Island, etc.)
5. Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico (with Mexican exchange student/sister)
6. Denver & Colorado Springs (driving across the Continental Divide and sightseeing through the Rockies)
7. Caracas, Venezuela (summer mission trips as a teenager)
Seven Books I'd Read Again and Again
1. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
2. It Had to Be You by Linda Windsor
3. Conviction of Charlotte Grey by Jeanne Cheyney
4. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
5. The Secret Garden
6. Speak Softly, Love by Kathleen Yapp
7. Tiffany by Joyce Ellis
Seven Movies I'd Watch Over and Over
1. Somewhere in Time
2. Sound of Music
3. Never Been Kissed
5. Mary Poppins
7. The Princess Bride
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. And your point is...
2. Deal with it!
3. Get over it!
4. Look! There's a castle!
5. You're not kidding!
6. I give my opinions free of charge.
7. That information is classified and on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.
Seven Others I Hope Will Participate
1. Shannon McNear
2. Robin Miller
3. Dineen Miller
4. Meredith Efken
5. Stuart Stockton
6. Malia Spencer
7. Sandra Moore
And there you have it. If you don't have a blog of your own, feel free to reply here and post your list.
The Weekend Edition
1 day ago